Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey Day Break




Well, I can hardly believe Thanksgiving has come and gone.  This past week was full of family, food, and lots of fun!  During my week away from Auburn and back in the big city of G-ville, I was able to see my sisters play their first basketball games of the season, watch Breaking Dawn with the girls, visit with my grandparents (only after they returned from camping, of course) and, I got to cook and bake ALL WEEK LONG!  Obviously I was in high heaven  :)

My sisters and I used to make these turkey cookies back when we lived in Monroeville.  This year we decided to bring them back.  It was so much fun reliving our sweet childhood times and getting to share these cookies with Maire for the first time :)  





T and Maire making the first turkey of the night

what's Thanksgiving without a little Christmas right  ;)



Ashton doesn't like help.....


we had some issues with the candy corn beaks, but they still turned out pretty cute



So, that is what we did for an hour or so one night.  These next pictures are proof that Southern girls love their cowgirl boots.  Check out this 6 year old's outfit for the movie theatre  ladies and gents:



is that not the most adorable thing you have ever seen??

And now, I will share a little bit of our Thanksgiving with you.  We had our family gather at our new house!  My grandparents came, as well as Uncle David and Heather and the boys (and the baby on the way!), and Heather's parents even came too!  We had quite a crowd in our little house, but it was so nice to see everyone together.    

My grandmother let us borrow her "duck" china for the day because it is so appropriate for the Thanksgiving holiday.  (this pattern was featured in the most recent Southern Living issue which I thought was cool!!)




We children had to eat in the breakfast room--on plain ol' boring china.....

 And finally, here is a look at a few of the items on our family's menu for the day--we did some work on all of the dishes!

What was left of one whole turkey

Aunt Heather's DELICIOUS brussels sprouts

the dressing

mmmmmm--My favorite part!!

PUMPKIN

this might have happened the night before.....but just maybe

 And I leave you with some pictures following our Black Friday trip to Montgomery from 1:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.   -note these pictures were taken at about 2 p.m. that same day  ;)

Do you see the family resemblance between these next two photos??  lol


she might hurt me for this one.....
I hope that all of you had as wonderful of a holiday as I did.  I was reminded that I am truly so blessed with a beautiful, wonderful, supportive family, precious friends, and of course an almighty Savior who loves me each and every day despite my many short comings.  I have nothing to complain about.  I should remember that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment