Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wreath Making

So I am pretty impressed with myself.  So far, I am keeping my expectations to blog at least twice a week.  Granted I just set the goal last week.  Nonetheless, this is still quite the accomplishment considering my inconsistent blogging history.  My last few posts have been about baking (what else!), so I thought I would change things up a bit this time around.

During the holiday season, I just am overwhelmed with the motivation and excitement to spread cheer and joy and happiness all day every day in that special Christmas way.  So, when I found this project online, I of course decided I had to give it a try.  And I must say, I am quite pleased with the finished product.  What do you think?





 
I loved the idea of this project because it was simple, economical, and something I will be able to use for years to come.  I debated on what color ornaments to buy to make my wreath, and decided on these gold and brown ones.  I thought they were a great color scheme for fall (now), but would also be perfect for a subtle yet "glam" holiday decoration.  Now those of you who know me know that "glam", fashion, glitz, accessories, chiqueness,  etc. are all terms that do not refer to me at all.  BUT, I thought I'd give it a try anyways.  And let's be real, the whole wreath was about 12 bucks, if that gives you any idea as to what I consider "glam".  hahaha.  Anyways, back to the wreath construction process.  All you need is one wire hanger, between 40 and 50 regular sized non-breakable ornaments, and some ribbon for a bow.  Yep, that's it.  Simply unfold the wire hanger, string the ornaments on, twist the hanger back, and top it off with a pretty bow.


side note:  I bought this package of smaller ornaments to use as fillers in the wreath.  Once I got to making it, I decided I didn't really want to use them.  If you want to add some dimension to your wreath alternating ornament size and spacing would be a good idea.  fyi.


sorry the flash is so bright on this one


pre-bow

post-bow
 Hopefully you feel inspired to scrounge up some old ornaments from the back of your closet, attic, basement, etc.  This wreath really is a fun accent to any door or wall space for this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment