Monday, July 23, 2012

I scream, you scream

Those of you who know me know best know that I have an absolute and total soft spot in my heart for ice cream.  Especially vanilla ice cream.  Well, you can imagine my excitement when I came across a realllly simple and cheap 2 ingredient ice cream recipe.  Yes, yes you read that right--only 2 ingredients!  And no fancy ice cream equipment is required.  If you have a mixer and a freezer, you are in business!  

The two required ingredients:  one carton of heavy whipping cream and one can of sweetened condensed milk.  


First, pour the cream into a bowl and whip it until it is stiff like cool whip.  It takes about 3 or 4 minutes.  And don't be afraid of you mixer.  Put it on high and go to town for the quickest-and best- results!


Once the cream is stiff, pour in the whole can of sweetened condensed milk and stir it in with a spoon.  Just blend the mixture well. 


And that my friends, is it!  If you want more vanilla flavor (yes please!) add a dash of vanilla.  If you want chocolate ice cream, add some chocolate syrup.  Fresh fruit of any kind would be delicious!  You can also get really crafty and add oreos, graham crackers, marshmallow cream, etc.  Simply customize this base flavor any way you like it.  


I'm sortof a plane jane and prefer plain old vanilla, but I thought I'd get spunky and add mini chocolate chips to my batch.  It was delish!  Just stir in any toppings!


Pour your (liquid) ice cream into a container and freeze for 6 hours.  Open your freezer and be amazed as you have a fresh batch of homemade ice cream!!  Be sure your container has some extra room as ice cream does expand when it freezes.

Hope this recipe will help you and yours cool down in this July heat!  Or maybe you'll enjoy while watching the daily afternoon showers!




No comments:

Post a Comment