Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blueberry Cookies


Okay, so I know the idea of cookies without chocolate chips is sort of unheard of.  Unless of course we are talking about the Great American cookie factory sugar cookie rolled in rainbow sugar sprinkles.  or white chocolate macadamia nut.  or snicker doodle.  So see its not that bad to leave out the infamous chocolate morsels.  Here is a tasty alternative!


Well, I have had these fresh blueberries in the freezer for quite some time and got them out last week to eat on my yogurt in the mornings.  As to be expected, I can not eat all of them fast enough and I knew they needed to be used.  I did some browsing today at work...don't rat me out....and came across this recipe.  I thought it sounded like it was worth a shot.  And boy was I right!

Let me tell you, this was some of the best cookie dough I have EVER eaten.  And trust me, I have consumed quite a bit  ;)  The cookies are so fluffy and almost have a cake-like texture rather than a crumbly, typical cookie texture.  The berries add such an unexpected element to the cookies too.  It's hard to describe (which is why you should make these for yourself!), but they cookies are tangy and refreshing and light.  Meaning it is easy to keep shoving them down your throat---perfect!!  





You know you want some....

To make these blueberry cookies you will need:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups+ 3 T plain flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy and smooth.  Add the brown sugar, white sugar, egg, and vanilla.  Beat until well blended.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend using mixer.

Stir in the rest of the flour mixture and the blueberries using a spoon  Be careful not to overmix.

Spoon your desired amount of dough onto baking sheets and bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.

Stuff your face with goodness.  I recommend a glass of milk to wash them down-calcium to accompany your antioxidants  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment