Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chocolate Fix

Well, I am sitting here "watching" the Superbowl.  I have had quite the party at my house this evening....in my kitchen!  I ended up turning this super night into a baking night for me.  It has been so long since I have been able to try out some new recipes!  I have quite a few I want to get to pretty quick like...try to hold me accountable!

Like I said, tonight was all about the oven.  On the menu:  brownies!  Just what I need, right?!  However, I will note that the brownies are going to be gifted--though I did sample for quality purposes only.

I have made these brownies multiple times before and I swear, every time I make them they are better!  I have never found another recipe that delivers the gooey center and perfectly crisp outer shell that these brownies always have.  They are simply a staple in the world of brownies!!  Oh and did I mention the prep is all of 10 minutes--take a look:

The perfect brownies:
1. Melt 4 squares of unsweetened bakers chocolate and 3/4 c butter in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl.  It takes about 2 minutes, but stir at 1 minute.


2. Whisk together the melted chocolate and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and 1/2 c brown sugar.
Add 3 eggs, whisking after each addition.  


Then add 1 cup flour, 1 tsp vanilla flavoring, and 1/8 tsp salt.  Mix all of that together and pour it into a pan lined with aluminum foil and lightly sprayed.  Bake at 350 for 40-44 minutes.  42 is pretty perfect!



And that ladies and gents, is the perfect pan of brownies!  Trust me on this one.

Before I go, I wanted to share with you the festivities of my mother's surprise 50th party last Saturday evening.  Yep, that's right, I actually pulled off my first surprise party.  It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do to keep it a secret from her, but it was so worth it.  My sisters and I had invitations made and invited a few of Mama's friends from around town, our neighbors from Monroeville, and it even worked out that Granny and Grandpa (her parents) got to come and surprise her too!  I think she had a blast  :)


The table!  I had the cake made here in Auburn by Cindy Anderson.  She was so friendly and easy to work with.  She is open to any ideas you have and can pretty much create anything you ask her to.  I envy her creativity and artistic talent.  Here is the link to her FB page if you ever need a good cake maker in the Auburn, AL area.
 http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cake-Lady-Auburn/254587545775



    Mama (on the right) with our sweet friend, Kelly!

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving, caring, comforting....the list could go on and on and on.....mother.  Se is truly the most selfless person I know and I hope to one day be as great of a mother and person as she is.

Now go bake some brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment