Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sweet sweet weekend

My my what a relaxing weekend this has been.  I have literally done nothing but veg on the retro 70's green/blue/yellow loveseat in my living room.  Okay maybe that's a fib.  I've done a little bit more.  But not much.  Friday, as you know, I cooked some din din and then baked some cookies for my sisters--which I will share with you below.  Bear with my story telling for a little while longer, pleaseeee.  

Saturday in the AM I cleaned the whole pink house and replaced all of the wallflowers with fresh "cinnamon glazed doughnut" refills.  It is smellin' good over here for sure.  Then I volunteered with Habitat restore for a couple hours.  I got a free old window that I hope to make a cool something or other out of.  Maybe I can share that one day soon.  

THEN, my daddy came to visit.  We went to lunch and then the basketball game, and then to dinner.  

Then I ordered him some new swim trunks and a new sweatshirt from Land's End.  

Over the phone. 

 Using his Christmas gift card.  

And we had a coupon!  

What a successful day!!


This morning I went for an early morning stroll.  Just because the weather looked too darn perfect not to.  

Then I got to skype my Swedish friend, attend an amazing church service, bake some yummy oatmeal for lunch, take a nap, do some studying, watch lion king, go to the gym, take a drive, and now I am watching aladdin/mean girls/pirates--because yes, I would rather flip between the 3 than watch the Oscars.  

Whew there I got that off my chest.  

That being said, I must give a shout-out to Octavia for winning best supporting actress for The Help.  She even gave a "War Eagle" on the red carpet!  How cool!!

Okay, now that you know my life, let's talk baking.  



I made these for my sisters in honor of them both making the varsity cheer squad at school last week!  I usually send them a candy gram or cards in the mail beforehand, but I was just behind this year.  So, I knew my Dad was coming and he could take these home for them.  Of course, I had to test a few...make sure they're edible, ya know.

 Makes approximately 25 cookies
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
  • Pinch of salt
 Mix the ingredients really well, and then bake the puppies at 350 F for 10-12 minutes.  They almost have more of a bread-like consistency than a cookie.  Kindof cakeish.  Either way, they are still scrumptious.  and even good for you too with some fiber from the oats.

with PB:  see how they are more flat and also lighter in color than the above picture of the regular cookies
(note these pics are after baking)

Me, being the lover of PB that I am, stirred in a little of the nut butter to half the batter.  And honestly, I was kinda disappointed.  You couldn't really taste the PB and it made the cookies not as fluffy.  I think this is the first, and possibly the only time, I will tell you to skip PB.

Unless of course you enjoy a spoonful while you wait ten whole minutes for your cookies.

I won't judge, cuz you know you want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment