Tuesday, April 5, 2011

new work space

Well, it was a beautiful Tuesday here in Auburn, Al.  Unfortunately, last night was not so pretty as we suffered quite a storm.  Needless to say, our power left us with the first gust of wind, returned this morning sometime between 2 and 4 a.m., and left again from about noon to 4 p.m.  But, hopefully it is back for good!

On to more important things...like that new kitchen I promised!  First I will show you the previous pink house kitchen....actually I will show you the pink house first, then the old kitchen:



Well, this isn't the best picture ever, but it was all I could scrounge up at the time.  Maybe I can get a perfect one when all of my flowers bloom!  But isn't the house just perfect?!



So, this is the cabinet space that was in the kitchen BEFORE the renovation.  I promise, you are not going to recognize this space in the new pictures.



This is the view looking in from the laundry room.  That old kitchen definitely had character, but I think I will definitely enjoy the functionality and beauty of our new kitchen more

...and here it is......

TA DAA!


This is the area I told you you wouldn't recognize (i.e. where the toaster/blender/microwave were in the first set of pictures)  Gosh just look at that stove.  Beautiful!


View from the laundry room now....nice!


And, I just thought you might like to see the new fridge!

Needles to say, I-and all of the roomies-am in love with our new room.  I have already spent lots of time down there.  Doing what you may ask....well here is a peek at my quick and simple, but healthy, dinner!

I don't know about you, but spaghetti is one of those foods that reminds me of home.  Momma made spaghetti often and it is a food that I definitely crave and love to fix for myself.  However, I do not prepare it the same way Momma does, and have added my own twist on the ingredients.  I started with Ronzoni whole wheat pasta.  It has only 1 gram of fat and is an excellent source of dietary fiber and protein.  I boiled mine for 16 minutes exactly for the perfectly soft texture I love pasta to have (you should cook accordingly).  Next, I browned the meat.  I love sausage in my spaghetti, but I opted for the lower fat option of turkey sausage.  I used Mild, Jennie-O, and it was phenomenal.  I definitely suggest giving it a try!  Finally, I added Barilla Mushroom and Garlic sauce.  I had never tried this flavor before, but it was definitely a solid choice!  I then, obviously, had to add a few shakes of the oh so yummy Parmesan cheese to give it just the right finish.  This meal really hit the spot!  Can't wait to eat the leftovers this week  :)


I know the picture isn't too great, but work with me here.  I am VERY bad at remembering to take pictures and am trying really hard to start documenting my daily experiences in life.  Hopefully I will be able to catch them in more appealing ways though.  BUT, this will do for now.


I tried??!  haha

Well, this has turned into a rather lengthy post.  However, I hope you enjoy gazing at my new kitchen as much as I enjoy using it, and I hope you'll give this spin on spaghetti a whirl.  Over and out....



No comments:

Post a Comment