Thursday, April 21, 2011

what a week...

Gosh what a week it has been here in beautiful Auburn!  I can hardly make myself go to class for wanting to sit outside and soak up the sun and gaze at the beautiful flowers in full bloom all over campus.  It is indescribably stunning!!  Now that we Auburn Tigers are the National Champions, I think all of you should want to visit this place even more, and I have become even more convinced that there really is no other place like it.  I promise you're missing out if you have never been for a visit  :)

Well, due to 2 presentations and a test all on Tuesday/Wednesday, tonight was the first time I have even had a chance to think about getting in the kitchen to whip something up.  However, I did make it in there tonight, and I did manage to create these super cute Easter sweets.  Check 'em out!!



These were sooo easy and look so cute for the holiday, don't ya think?!!  All you need is:
  • 12 oz. butterscotch chips
  • 12 oz. bag chow mein noodles
  • one bag of Hershey's chocolate Easter egg candies



Simply melt the butterscotch and stir in the noodles.  ONna sheet of aluminum foil, place a spoonful of the mixture and place eggs on top in a cluster.  Let them set for about 10-20 minutes and ENJOY!


Precious bird's nest cookies!  
I just think these are so festive and I can't wait to take them home to share with my family during this beautiful holiday season!!


In other news, I recently got accepted into an honor society on campus.  My sorority recognized each of us--we had 5!- with a rose in chapter on Tuesday.  I have really enjoyed the element it has added to my room this week.  Here's a quick peek....




And, last but not least, I thought I would share with you what is playing outside of my window at this very moment.  There is an apartment complex to the back left of my house notably named, The Compound.  For some reason, the people who occupy that place love to hire bands on week nights and have what they call "Liive Music Parties" (creative right?)  Needless to say, you could hardly call them bands.  Here's a short clip of the first number....


Well, I hope that didn't hurt your ears too much.  Just thought it would make for a good laugh because that sure is all I am getting out of it...maybe act 2 will be better??!!  happy almost Friday  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment