Saturday, April 30, 2011

what a week....

This week has been one full of surprises!
This week has been full of news for me...here's what I've been up to:


Monday:  I skyped my friend, Brittney, even though we live in the same town.  It was a very important conversation however, because we decided we are going to go see Dierk's Bentley on June 8th in Nashville.  He is having an exclusive concert for his Congress members, which I happen to be one of!  So, in just over a month I get to meet Dierk's Bentley---kinda ecstatic!!


Jealous?  I think you are...

Tuesday:  I attended our last sorority chapter of the semester.  It was senior chapter so all of the girl's graduating gave advice to we who get to hang around Auburn for a little while longer.  Can't believe that will be me next year.

Wednesday:  In shock, horror, and disbelief, I watched one of the worst tornado systems in American history rip apart my home state, Alabama. The twister tore through Tuscaloosa and then Birmingham, and did not spare any of the places in between.  Watching the entire thing on live television was surreal;  I cannot imagine actually being in the midst of the rubble right now.  No one that I know was even injured in the storms.  How blessed and fortunate am I be to have safe friends?!  If you would like to donate to Red Cross relief efforts, I promise you it is needed more than you realize.  Here's the link to donate:  www.leeredcross.org.  Please keep Alabama in your prayers.

http://www.twitvid.com/4W6PU


Thursday:  Cam got drafted first!  War Damn!


Hopefully he will turn things around for the panthers?  


Friday:  I'm sure all of you can guess exactly what I am about to post as the highlight of today...and you're right!!




The couple is so in love and they look beautiful together!  It was such a joy to start my day off on such a happy note with the wedding this morning!

I am absolutely in love with her gown!  I know everyone is, but I have truly always wanted a gown of this style.  Here are a couple of pictures I've found in the past and saved for ideas for my special day
...one day...maybe


My favorite  


I like this look too though.

Well, I also have a recipe for you today!  Just in case this post wasn't long enough for you.  Hopefully you'll read on for a yummy snack!  

Peanut Butter and Oat Energy Bites


Ingredients:  

3/4 c rolled oats
1/4 c unsalted sunflower seeds
1/2 c dry cranberries
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla

Simply combine all ingredients, roll the dough into bite size balls, and refrigerate!  The "dough" is a bit frustrating to begin with, but just keep working with it until you get the consistency right.  If yours seems a bit dry, add some more peanut butter and/or honey.  If it is too moist add some extra oats and sunflower seeds.


How cute are my roomies' heart shaped measuring cups?!!  We bake with lots of love...literally!




mm peanut butter.  the best part.  you can use crunchy or creamy-whichever you prefer. 
 I'm a crunchy kind of gal though















These make for the perfect mid afternoon snack when those hunger pains strike.  A good mix of sweet and salty, plus a healthy boost of protein to get you through the afternoon!


I can;t wait to enjoy one of these tomorrow afternoon while I am on study break.  Oh yea, did I mention I have finals next week.  ahhhhh...wish me luck!


my study station....


aren't you interested in how iron is absorbed into the enterocyte?

ok, well if you've made it through this whole post, props to you.  Hope you're weekend is a great one.  Mine will be spent at my desk...with an afternoon trip to the fridge for an energy boost!  












No comments:

Post a Comment