Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Scott Family Easter

What a beautiful and BLESSED weekend I had!  I got to spend it surrounded by my family, including my grandparents, and aunt and uncle, and precious cousins!  From egg hunts, to a shrimp boil, to looking at our potential new house (eek!), it was a weekend full of excitement and joy.  But, most importantly it was full of Christ and remembering that indeed I do serve and live for a risen God--Hallelujah!  ( Matthew 28: 1-10;  Mark 16: 1-20) Unfortunately, my camera died after the last egg hunt on Saturday, so I am having to wait to upload photos of the fam from Easter Sunday.  But, they will be coming soon.  They turned out so well, they just might make the  Christmas card this year!  But, here are a few from the egg hunt at church, and later Saturday at home home when the boys came to visit.  Enjoy!!


My cousin, Jackson, would have easily won the most eggs found award!  
He hit the jackpot in this bushes you see there!


HIs basket before the jackpot!


Oh how I wish I could zoom on his face in this picture.  Priceless!


My youngest sister, Maire, racing for an egg!



Maire and her sweet friend Amelia stopped for a quick photo opp




They were so cute walking on that sidewalk together.  I wish I could have captured the frame with just the two of them, but it was so crowded I never got the perfect shot.  What cuties though?!!


This is Maire and Jackson hunting eggs at our house Saturday evening.  I thought this was too funny  :)



I was pretty pleased wit this one.  I think it captures the true beauty of Earth and fresh, young, Spring life! 


This one too!  Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers



This was the view from my front porch on saturday evening just before sunset.  
I sure will miss the peace of the country when my family moves into town....




Back to more egg hunting, these were all of our participants.  Harrison loved the car and cried when we tried 
to take him out, so we had the others pose around him.  Gosh I love all these kids!



Is he not an angel.  That white skin and carrot topped head.  I just want to love on him all day long.  Unfortunately, he's old enough already to not want to be babied anymore.  He is so independent and strong.  I'm interested to see what he's like when he grows-up. Bt for now, how can you not just love those legs  :)

Well, like I mentioned previously, check back for the entire Scott family photo soon!!  But, keep reading for a quick and delicious dinner!

One of my best friends, Brittany, came over tonight and we cooked pizzas for dinner.  I have been craving pizza for so long, so these really hit the spot!  We bought all of the ingredients at Publix and just threw them together for a really quick and simple meal.  We bought the Publix pizza dough--superb by the way-- and split the dough so we could make two small pizzas.  One was classic with Ragu pizza sauce, pepperonis, and mozzarella layered high.  On the second, we opted for something a little different, inspired by Olive Garden...Chicken Alfredo pizza (if you have never tried this menu choice, I promise you won't be disappointed.  I definitely recommend it).  We bought alfredo sauce, pre-cooked chicken beast strips, and topped that pizza with mozzarella as well.  Throw them in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes and bam!  Delicious pizza that's more fun, and affordable than take out  :) 







Well, hope this lengthy post didn't bore you to tears.  Just wanted to share my Easter holiday with you in hopes that it brings you a little bit of the joy that it brought to me.  

Peace ya'll


No comments:

Post a Comment