Saturday, March 23, 2013

Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas

Happy happy Saturday!  It has been a cold and wet day here in North Georgia/Southeast Tennessee.  Today started with a Pure Barre class and then I hit up the mall for some serious Easter dress shopping.  I went last weekend but could not find anything I felt worthy of my precious bills.  Today, I had no choice.  Since Easter is next weekend, I had to decide on one.  I ended up finding one that was -okay- at Belk.  Hopefully I will still like it by the time I have to wear it next Sunday.  Now I really need some help accessorizing.  Here is a pic of the dress.  Because of the lace I am not sure if the modern chunky jewelry is quite the right compliment for the dress.  I am thinking more simple and classic like a gold necklace and bracelet?  Also, shoes.  I have a pair of Lucky Brand heels that I love and was planning to wear with whatever dress I found, but now I am thinking they are too casual.  You would think at age 22 I could dress myself right?!  Nope.

I can kinda cook though-so let's talk food.  Even better, how about Mexican food!  I have had quite the craving for Mexican food lately so these enchiladas really hit the spot!  And I still have a couple of days worth of leftovers:  cha-ching!     




I made meatless enchiladas and used black beans as a protein, but you could certainly use/add chicken, beef, steak, pork, or whatever else suits your fancy.  



To make each enchilada, I coated one whole wheat tortilla shell with enchilada sauce.  I added heaping spoonfuls of corn and black beans to each.


Then I added a generous portion of mozzarella cheese to the mix-never can have enough cheese right?!


Roll up the tortilla shell and place it in a greased baking dish.  Continue until you have made your desired amount of enchiladas.  Since I made these all for me, myself, and I, I only made 5.  Then you simply pour the remaining enchilada sauce all over the roll-ups and then top them with the remaining cheese.  


Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the sauce is very bubbly and the cheese is melted and browning.  Let cool slightly, then serve 'em up!  I ate my enchiladas with a side of steamed broccoli that I cooked in the microwave.  

Enjoy these last few hours of you Saturday and have a restful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment