Monday, March 18, 2013

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough Overnight Oats

Hi friends!

I am here with a recipe!!  Wahoo!  I have been noticing a trend on some of the blogs I follow about some phenomenon known as "overnight oats".  I have been both leary and anxious to try them out and decided that last night would be the night.  The recipe I followed was very simple.  Simply put 3/4 cup dry regular oats in a bowl.  Add 1/2 cup milk (I used vanilla almond milk and credit it for the not-overly-sweet flavor). Stir in 1 heaping over the sides tablespoon of creamy peanut butter.  Give that bowl a few really good whisks and stirs, and pop it in the fridge to "soak" overnight.

When you wake up the next morning, you will simply need to roll right out of bed, stroll to the kitchen, open up your fridge, and find this:


A very rich cake like mixture of oats.  

As you can see here, it makes a thick compact layer.  While there is some moisture from the almond milk, I prefer my oats to have a bit more consistency than this so I added a little bit more almond milk.  
Just enough to get everything moving again.



Much better!  And oh my goodness were these uber tasty or what.  Since it is served chilled, it seriously tastes like cookie dough for breaskfast!  Peanut butter Oatmeal cookie dough at that!  If you fancy, you can even add some toppings like peanuts, fresh fruit, or a handful of chocolate chips for a bit of extra indulgence. If I hadn't refrained from sweets for my Lenten sacrifice-you would have seen chocolate chips here  :)

Okay so please tell me I am not the only one who watched and kept up with this season of The Biggest Loser?!  I absolutely love this show and I found this season to be extra inspirational.  Not sure if it was the return of Jillian Michaels, the incorporation of teens and their fitness goals, or watching these morbidly obese humans shedding pounds week after week that got me but I found myself in tears at some point during almost every episode (I partly blame this on living alone-but that's another post in itself!--haha).  
Anyways, the finale was tonight and my homegirl Dani reined victorious!  
Yayyy Dani-she has been my favorite all season long  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment