Wednesday, March 28, 2012

slow start

Do you ever have those days when you just can't seem to wake up.  It doesn't matter how much coffee you drink, how pretty it is outside, or how many laughs you have, you still just feel miserable.  Well until about 3 o clock today, that was me.

Luckily, this afternoon was full of pick me-ups.

But, back to breakfast.  I wasn't starving when I woke up this morning--shockerrr-- so I just had some Multi-grain cheerios and a couple of cups of coffee with Hazelnut cream.


On Wednesdays I have a class from 12-1 and then lab from 1-4 so I eat an early lunch between 11 and 12. Today I fixed a peanut butter and blackberry jelly sandwich with banana slices.  I cut up a sweet potato and made "fries" to eat with my sandwich.  That took about 20-25 minutes.  While I waited, I discovered that we were out of honey mustard.  How the heck am I supposed to eat sweet potato fries without honey mustard? Right?!  So, I began to experiment.  I mixed honey and mustard (genius, I know).  I honestly thought it was going to be disgusting, but it actually tasted, and looked, like Chik-fil-A honey mustard sauce.  Success in my book!  It was like 2 parts honey to 1 part mustard.  Try it next time you find you're out of that perfectly delicious condiment!






 After lab, I took a quick nap, snacked on the leftover banana from lunch, and then went for the day's run.  I was feeling adventurous, so I opted for the 4.2 miles today.  I definitely got my sweat on.  Fortunately for me, I only got lapped by three runners today.  But, it is things like this that keep me motivated anyways  :)

http://funstoo.blogspot.com/2011/03/no-matter-how-slow-you-go-you-are-still.html

After the run, it was Bible Study on Samford Lawn.  There could not have been a better way to spend time in the word than outside.  It is so humbling to sit and reflect upon all of creation.

For dinner, I had about 20 minutes to scarf something down until I headed off to church.  I opted for leftover barley and brussel sprouts.  I added some bites of ham and a handful of dried cranberries.  This was a delicious and filling dinner.  And quick too!  


I finished the day with a slice of bread smothered in peanut butter and topped with butterscotch morsels.  Perfectly savory, salty, and sweet!  

And that is how this day of mine went from slow to glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment