Saturday, March 31, 2012

PW

Today turned into quite a day!  I had two rather large cups of coffee with Hazelnut creamer for breakfast this morning.  I wasn't very hungry so I just stuck with coffee for the time being.

Once everyone around here woke up and began moving around and functioning, we decided to take a trip to Panera for brunch.  I "picked 2" and chose 1/2 a fuji apple chicken salad and 1/2 a ham and swiss sandwich, and a piece of bread.  I still wasn't very hungry--I know who the He** am I right?-- so I just ate the salad and bread and saved the ham sandwich for later.


YUMMM!  Love me some Panera  :)

After lunch, my friend Kathryn and I went out on the town.  We went to Dick's Sporting goods, just for fun, no purchases made.  Then we went over to Books-A-Million to purchase............................


these gorgeous pieces of paper!!  Have I happened to mention that I am going to meet Ree in Birmingham next week?/in 5 days!!!  I cannot even describe to you how excited I am!  And I get to go with my friend Kathryn to make it even better!  Beyond thrilled!!!!  I decided that I needed to go ahead and make the book purchase beforehand.  Can you imagine if we arrived to Birmingham and all of the books were gone??!  Devastation is what that would be.  Pure and total devastation.  So I wanted to be prepared  :)

And in true pioneer woman fan fashion, my roommates and I decided to cook her Peach Whiskey Chicken tonight for dinner.  Okay, now I know what you're thinking:  this girl is a freak and should not be allowed to meet Ree in person.  Well you should all calm down.  I am perfectly sane.  Or maybe just moderately.  Point being, we have made this meal before, we just were all craving it again.  It just so happens that it's on the same day I bought her cookbook.  And in 4 days we will be BFFs.  No big.



Sorry the lighting is so terrible but it was dark out and our living room has very little light.  It was the best I could do.  This dinner is FAB-u-lous and more than filling.  Trust me.

Well, I hope to be back tomorrow with some more healthful meals.  But hey, I can't be blamed for the weekends right?  Good!    

No comments:

Post a Comment