Thursday, March 22, 2012

Updates

Well you may have noticed that I have had a nice long break from the blog.  Or actually, let's be realistic.  You probably didn't.  But maybe one of you out there in cyber world secretly missed me during my 16 day hiatus.

You might notice that I have a new template on the blog.  I am temporarily satisfied with it, but I do not think I am going to keep it permanently.  We shall see though.  You know how I am about those things.

So what have I been up to you ask?  How kind of you to wonder!  lol

Well, last week was my very last (or so I think) spring break!! Yikes can you believe that.  I am so old.
I spent it at Lake Jordan with my sweet and precious friend Brittney.  Her fiancee (don't know how to spell that, first time I've ever had to use it).  And one of his good friends.  It was not very nice weather.  But with nice people, who needs nice weather right?!  haha

Here is the only two pictures I got of the wholeeee trip.  You ready....they're awesome:




Don't you agree, they're awesome!  Haha.  There were ducks around the whole time we were there.  But one morning in particular, I noticed this reallly long line of them swimming out on the lake.  There were so many I couldn't even get them all in my camera view.  Dern digital cameras don't have a panoramic view.  I knew I should have kept that film camera!

We had lots of awesome food.  But unfortunately, I didn't think to photograph it.  Amateur move I know.  Sorry.

Okay, well enough about the past.  Let's talk about the future.  Gosh what a broad topic right.  Let's narrow it down to the future of this very blog.

I had some time during my break to think about the blog and how I have been using it, and what I actually wanted to do with it to begin with.  Since I am a nutrition major and am constantly surrounded by food in some way shape form or fashion, I can only find it normal to already be getting lots of nutrition and food related questions from my friends and family.  Well, I have decided that I want to be more intentional with my blogging and focus on health and nutrition and how to easily incorporate those into a daily routine, so that I can refer my friends to my blog for ideas, recipes, and how-tos for these meals.

Now you must be thinking what I was thinking.  Ummm Renee, you actually have to eat healthy meals for that to be possible.  And that is just what I am going to start doing!   Don't worry, I am still going to post fun and decadent dessert recipes, don't get me wrong, but I also want to incorporate a more day to day feel into the blog as well.  All of that being said, I am going to try to post each and every night with what I have eaten that day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I may not be able to capture every bite I eat or snack I have, but I will do my best!  

Now, here is where you come into play!  You must hold me accountable for this!  I am going to rely on your feedback and encouragement to keep me cooking, eating, and blogging!

So, without further adue, here was tonight's dinner.  2 eggs, scrambled with peppers, onions, and some fresh bleu cheese!  Nice and filling, but not overwhelming!




Oh, and one last thing, I am running some cool races soon!  Updates to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment