Sunday, April 1, 2012

soaking up the sun

Today was full of sun, sun, tennis, sun, food, and more sun.  And I don't mean just plain old regular sun, I mean like burn you through your slightly sheer 3/4 sleeve top and give you a really cool tan line from your bra/tank top kinda sunshine.  And Chaco tan sunshine.

 My Daddy and my sister, Ashton, came up to Auburn for the afternoon.  We went to lunch and then to the women's tennis match against South Carolina.  I played tennis religiously in high school and it is one of the things I miss most about high school for sure.  I love to watch the Auburn teams play when I have a chance, and it especially fun when I watch with my family  :)  We had a great afternoon catching up, soaking up some sun, and watching some incredible tennis!

I woke up this morning and was quite hungry.  I fixed a slice of whole wheat toast smothered with PB and honey.  I also enjoyed a Mango Chobani yogurt and a heaping cup of coffee with Hazelnut creamer.  Perfect way to start the day!


I ate lunch out with Daddy and Ashton, but I ordered a salad with spinach leaves, feta, black olives, cucumbers, banana peppers, and grilled chicken. It was served with a creamy cucumber dressing.  It was a delicious and filling salad.  That I didn't have to pay for  ;) 


After we got home from the tennis match, I snacked on a banana and some granola for an energy boost before I ran.  I tried this kind of granola (because it was cheaper than the kind I usually buy) and I thought it was scrumptious!

I ran the usual 4.2 mile loop today.  It was good but hot hot hot today.  Possibly because of the sun burn I received from the tennis match.  Dinner was some barley with leftover asparagus and ham and dried cranberries.  



This dish is perfect because it has the filling barley, salty ham, sweet cranberries, and savory asparagus in each and every bite.  Delish.  And for dessert, bread with PB and butterscotch chips.  



Perfect end to a great day  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment