Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Monday

What a gorgeous day today turned out to be!  Sorry to be so negative yesterday when I said something like "I can already tell this week is gonna be a long one". Today actually flew by and I stayed pretty busy with class, eating, studying, and.........well yea.  That was about it.

Breakfast this morning was 2 extra tall cups of joe + hazelnut cream.  Pure deliciousness.  What a great way to start the day!

For lunch I whipped up a delicious sandwich concoction.  I had one Amy's Tomato Parmesan veggie patty left to eat so I decided to finish it off.  I fried an egg and added a slice of pepper jack cheese to the mix for a filling and delicious sammy.  On Publix WW bread.


After lunch I was off to class and then I made it a study afternoon.  I have got quite a bit of schoolwork this week so I was trying to be productive and time resourceful.  I actually got a good bit accomplished at the student center today.  Hopefully more productivity is in my future tonight!

When I got home, it was definitely dinner time.  I roasted some brussels sprouts and served them over 1/2 cup Israeli couscous and topped that with dried cranberries.  I am just loving this combo as of late, as I'm sure you have noticed!  I baked a sweet potato as well and topped it with some butter and cinnamon.  I think next time I'll stick with the sweet potato in "fry" form.  Because yes, I suppose I still am a kid at heart.  Also, this was my first go round with couscous and I must say I am a fan.  It was different from anything I've ever had, but it went really well with my sprouts!


For dessert, I finished up the jar of PB and topped some whole wheat bread with that and banana.  Perfect!  Except now I HAVE to go grocery shopping.  Because no, I cannot go a day without PB.  


I didn't get a chance to run this afternoon so I'm hoping to go for a good evening run here in the next little bit.  I'll report on that tomorrow.  That should keep me motivated  :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment