Friday, April 27, 2012

Funny Story


Hello There!  


So sorry I have abandoned you all for a whole week!  I have slapped myself on the wrist don't worry.


Not much has been happening.  Except I had my last sorority chapter ever, I saw Needtobreathe and Ben Rector for FREE, I have applied for big girl jobs, and I found out yesterday that I will be running my first ever marathon on October 14, 2012.  Yes, you read that right.  And yes, I am terrified out of my mind.  But super excited nonetheless!


Here's how this all came to be:


So I am on the Nike list serve and get e-mails from them periodically for product promotion and races that are coming up that they sponsor.  The most recent one was about the Nike women's marathon in San Francisco later this year.  The race is highly sought after (apparently) and in order to run, you have to apply on-line and then be one of 25,000 selected participants.  Well, my friend Ulli will be studying in San Fran in the fall so I thought hey, what the heck, this would be the perfect excuse for me to have to go visit her!  So I put my name in the applicant pool and figured that was that.  I mean, am I ever lucky enough to win anything (besides my recent Joy the Baker luck)??  Well low and behold when I checked my e-mails yesterday morning, you will never believe what I found.  Yes yes, a letter confirming my registration and informing me of everything I need to do to prep for the big day!  I was in complete and total and utter shock.  The first thought that ran through my head you may ask:  What the hell have I done to myself?  The second:  How the hell am I going to tell my Dad this?




Well, now I am over the shock--kind of-- and I know I have a VERY long journey ahead of me.  However I am so excited to get started and feel so motivated and encouraged knowing I have a huge goal to strive for.  The race is in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society so I am proud and happy that I can run for such a great cause as well!  I have been looking up different training plans and schedules and I think I have found one I like.  It seems my speed as of now, but some of the weeks definitely look challenging.  My next huge goal will be formulating travel plans and an itinerary for the time I will spend in San Fran.  I have never really traveled before so I have a lot to do and figure out. 


So what does this mean for the blog?  Well, I suppose you should expect a lot of training/running updates and hopefully a lot more good, healthy, and energizing food!    


      

No comments:

Post a Comment